The Old Vic believes that we should all help others where we can. In recent years through bucket collections our incredible A Christmas Carol audiences have raised over £200k for local charities, Field Lane and The Felix Project.
As the production returns for Christmas 2019, the theatre is launching a new Charity Partner scheme, with the chance for charities to nominate themselves to be the recipient of our festive bucket collection in 2019.
Charity Partner Criteria
The scheme is open to all registered charities, subject to the following criteria:
- Preference will be given to charities working within the boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark
- The annual turnover of the charity must not exceed £5 million per year
- The charity’s core function must focus on tackling issues of: social mobility; inner city poverty or deprivation (limited access to food, water, housing, clothing, education or employment); mental health; bereavement; or loneliness and isolation
- Applications should be no more than 500 words by email, detailing the following – a brief history of the charity; its mission; reach/impact; proposal for how the donation would be used; proposal for how Old Vic staff could use their Time to Volunteer to spend time within the charity (if they chose)
- Applications should be clearly labelled and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 October 2019 and will be shortlisted by The Old Vic against the above criteria. The charity will be announced on 13 November 2019, World Kindness Day.