Schools Club provides FREE theatre tickets, bespoke workshops, backstage tours and diverse educational resources for staff and students.
The Old Vic partners with 40 secondary schools, engaging with up to 30 students in each school for the full academic year. Schools Club supports the curriculum and works with schools and students from areas of London with poor arts provision. The programme is designed to develop an interest in theatre, encouraging the next generation of theatregoers and theatre makers.
Schools taking part in Schools Club 2019/2020 are:
Ark Bolingbroke Academy, Ark Elvin Academy, Ark Greenwich Free School, Aylward Academy , Carshalton High School for Girls, Central Foundation Boy’s School, City of London Academy Southwark, Compass School, Eastbury Community School, Ernest Bevin College, Evelyn Grace Academy, Forest Gate Community School, George Mitchell School, Guru Nanak Sikh Academy, Hackney New School, Harris Academy Morden, Harris Invictus Academy Croydon, Heartlands High School, Highlands School, Isaac Newton Academy, Isleworth & Syon School, Kantor King Solomon High School, Kingsdale Foundation School, Lammas School, Lilian Baylis Technology School, Oasis Academy Silvertown, Plashet School, Priory Lodge School, Rivers Academy, Sacred Heart School, Sir John Cass School, Skinners’ Academy, Southfields Academy, St Paul’s Way Trust School, Stoke Newington School, The Norwood School, The Quest Academy, The UCL Academy, Turing House School, Villiers High School
PARTNER SCHOOLS RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Tickets for up to 30 students and three teachers to see four productions at The Old Vic across the academic year
- Four pre-show workshops in schools that explore the context of each production and key drama skills
- Four CPD opportunities for teachers led by professional theatre artists
- Online educational resources
- Teacher networking events
- A sustained relationship between The Old Vic and students
All of this is offered for free.
‘I cannot speak highly enough of Schools Club and all of the opportunities that you give our students and staff – thank you!’ Teacher, Schools Club 2020
- Applications are open to all secondary state schools based within the M25
- We will work with a minimum of 20 students and a maximum of 30 per school
- This programme has been developed to work with the same students for the duration of the year. This is so that we can adapt the workshops to their particular strengths and also build their skills throughout the year.
- Schools Club is open and accessible to all. We will discuss any access requirements your school may have before the project begins and will ensure appropriate support is in place. We welcome applications from SEND schools.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for Schools Club 2019/20 are currently closed. Please sign up to tour Schools mailing list to hear more about workshops, skills and employment programmes, talent development and short courses for your students.
For questions or further information please contact email@example.comDownload 18–19 Evaluation Sign up to our schools mailing list
Supported by The Sackler Trust