Get closer to theatre with free tickets and bespoke workshops for your school.APPLY NOW
The Old Vic partners with 40 secondary schools, engaging with up to 30 students in each school for the full academic year. Schools Club supports the curriculum and works with schools and students from areas of London with poor arts provision. The programme is designed to develop an interest in theatre, encouraging the next generation of theatregoers and theatre makers.
Partner schools receive the following:
- Tickets for up to 30 students and three teachers to see four Old Vic productions across the academic year
- Four pre-show workshops that explore the context of each production and key drama skills
- Four CPD opportunities for teachers led by professional theatre artists
- Online educational resources
- Teacher networking events
- A sustained relationship between The Old Vic and students
All of this is offered for free.
Please sign up to our Schools mailing list to hear more about workshops, skills and employment programmes, talent development and short courses for your students.Sign up to our schools mailing list
- PROGRAMME DATES
By taking part in this programme your school agrees to four theatre visits and four in-school workshops across the academic year. Workshops are scheduled in advance and in collaboration with teachers. We will be as flexible as possible to accommodate the needs of each school.
- Applications are open to all secondary state schools based within the M25
- We will work with a maximum of 30 per school
- Membership is for students in Years 9-13; you may bring a mixed group
- This programme has been developed to work with the same students for the duration of the year. This is so that we can adapt the workshops to their particular strengths and also build their skills throughout the year
- We are aiming to run the entirety of this programme in-person but if required we will move delivery online via Zoom or Teams.
- The Old Vic can loan out devices to support participation
- HOW TO APPLY
Applications are now closed.
Schools Club is open and accessible to all. We will discuss any access requirements your school may have before the project begins and will ensure appropriate support is in place.
- We welcome applications from SEN schools
- We can adapt workshop content to suit your students
- We can bring in additional staff to support students during in-school workshops
- The Old Vic offer accessible performances including captioned, audio described and relaxed performances.
- The Old Vic offer accessible performances including captioned, audio described and relaxed performances. Find out more about accessibility at The Old Vic
If you would like to discuss your schools access requirements or have any questions before applying, please contact: email@example.com
‘I HAVE STUDENTS WHO HAD NEVER BEEN TO THE THEATRE BEFORE. THEY DIDN’T KNOW WHAT AN INTERVAL WAS! NOW THEY CAN TALK ABOUT BECKETT, BRECHT AND DICKENS WITH CONFIDENCE.’ Schools Club Teacher
‘BEFORE TAKING PART IN THIS PROJECT, I DIDN’T HAVE AN INTEREST IN THEATRE BUT AFTER GOING TO THE FIRST PERFORMANCE I GOT ADDICTED, TO A POINT WHERE I PERFORM IN PLAYS’ Schools Club Student
Supported by the Sackler TrustDownload Schools Club Evaluation Safeguarding Policy