Take the Lead
Take the Lead is a free employability programme from The Old Vic for students aged 15–18 that uses theatre techniques and creative workshops to build on five core skills: communication, self-management, self-belief, teamwork and problem solving.
This programme is created in collaboration with schools and businesses and draws on The Old Vic’s expertise as a theatrical institution to support young people to take ownership over their next steps after school and prepare them for the working world of the future.
‘This programme is fantastic and the amount of hours provided is rarely ever provided. My Year 12 students felt much more confident at the end. Thank you.’ Teacher, 2019
Take the Lead is a four-week programme, with four main engagements for selected schools.
An exciting 2.5 hour launch event at The Old Vic Workrooms with up to three other school groups
Learn your Part
A half day workshop for your students at school. How do we use our physicality and words to communicate and work with others?
Build your Company
A half day workshop for your students at school. How do we work together using our skills and those of our team mates to create and present an innovative pitch?
Take to the Stage
A three hour workshop at The Old Vic Workrooms. An immersive session with three other school groups. Students will enter an exciting recruitment relay, travelling through various rooms that will feature interactive sessions and training led by Old Vic creative practitioners.
Partner schools will also benefit from:
- Access to our Online Education Hub
- Access to our Join In Network
- Students will be supported by a Prompt Book, an additional learning resource
- Teachers will be further supported via a Meet and Greet and CPD session as well as a teaching resource pack
- Free tickets to bring their students to an Old Vic production
‘Take the Lead inspired me to focus more on my future and be more confident when in interviews’ Take the Lead Student 2019
- This programme is designed for students in Year 11–13 studying any subject and students do not have to be studying drama
- Applications are open to all secondary state schools based within the M25
- The programme is offered free of charge
HOW TO TAKE PART
Applications for the Take the Lead 2020 are now closed. Applications for Take the Lead 2021 will open in the Spring.
Please email: email@example.com if you have any questions.SIGN UP TO OUR SCHOOLS MAILING LIST Take the Lead 2019 Evaluation
In association with
Generously supported by
Sir John Cass’s Foundation, The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust, John Lyon’s Charity, The Leathersellers’ Company Charitable Fund and The HW Sanderson Art in Industry Fund