Take the Lead
Take the Lead is a free employability programme from The Old Vic for students aged 16–18 that uses theatre techniques and creative workshops to build on five core skills: communication, self-management, self-belief, teamwork and problem solving.
This programme is created in collaboration with schools and businesses drawing on The Old Vic’s expertise as a theatrical institution and is specially designed to support young people to take ownership over their next steps after school. Take the Lead is open to any students, not just drama students, and we will work with 20 schools across the year and up to 1,000 KS5 students.
Take the Lead will take place twice across the 2018/2019 academic year.
Applications are now open for a second 10 schools to take part in the programme between Mon 24 June and Fri 19 July.
- Curtain Up – a welcome event hosted by The Old Vic
- Learn Your Part – half day workshop for each group of 25 students at your school
- Build Your Company – half day workshop for each group of 25 students at your school
- Take to the Stage – half day workshop for each group of 25 students at your school
- Curtain Call – an interactive event held at your school for all 50 students to share their learning with the wider school community
- Students will also be supported by a Prompt Book, an additional learning resource
- Teachers will be further supported via a Meet and Greet and CPD session as well as a teaching resource pack
- Selected schools will receive free tickets to bring their groups to an Old Vic production
HOW TO TAKE PART
Applications for the June/July dates of the programme are now open. For full details of the dates, and to apply please click here.
Each school can apply for two places on the programme working with a maximum of 50 KS5 students across the two groups.
Schools involved in the first round of the programme are welcome to reapply for the second round.
Deadline to apply is: Fri 26 April
- This programme is designed for KS5 students studying any subject and students do not have to be studying drama
- Applications are open to all secondary state schools based within the M25
- The programme is offered free of charge
Please email: email@example.com if you have any questions about access requirements or would like more information about the programme.Sign up to our schools mailing list Take The Lead 2018 Evaluation
In association with
Generously supported by
John Lyon’s Charity, CHK Charities Limited, The Leathersellers’ Company Charitable Fund and The HW Sanderson Art in Industry Fund