Front Line Lambeth
Not sure of your next step?
If you’re aged 16-25 we’re offering you the opportunity to discover more about working in a creative industry, develop key transferable skills and get paid for it.
Front Line Lambeth is a brand new scheme where you can learn the ropes at one of the following cultural organisations: Garden Museum, Morley College London, Omnibus Theatre, Pop Brixton, Southbank Centre, Streatham Space Project, or with us at The Old Vic Theatre.
As well as on the job training, the programme will culminate in a CV workshop exploring the skills you’ve developed and how to apply them to your next steps. We’ll also throw in a free ticket to see Present Laughter, featuring Andrew Scott (Fleabag) at The Old Vic Theatre.
Each placement offers a different set of duties that will vary depending on the organisation but will include one or more of the following:
- Box Office: Welcome customers, prepare tickets for collection and see how tickets are booked
- Ushering: Ensure that all customers are looked after during their visit to the show or event
- Front of House Management: Shadow a Duty Manager and learn what goes into running the Front of House during a show
- Café / Bar: Learn from a team of baristas and serving staff on the smooth running of a café bar space
- Events: Get stuck in with an events team setting up, running and taking down for an event
- Gallery Assistant: Discover what goes into curating an exhibition and how visitors respond to a space
- Studio Assistant: Further your interest in sound and technical equipment in a recording and radio studio
- Marketing: See how effective communication through social media and marketing can impact a business
- Retail: Gain first-hand experience in the day to day running of a retail space
- This programme is designed for Lambeth residents aged 16 – 25 looking to explore a career in the creative sector
- All roles require interacting with customers and representing the organisation in a positive way, so we are looking for friendly people who are keen to learn something new
- We particularly welcome applications from anyone not in education, employment or training
- Please note you cannot apply if you have already taken part in Front Line
- We will work with each successful applicant to create a schedule but you must have good availability, for example, no holidays booked from 27 June to 22 July
Applications for Front Line Lambeth are now closed but you can still apply to our other Front Line programme here.
If you have applied we will be in contact shortly.
You can also sign up to the Take Part mailing list to hear more about workshops, skills and employment programmes, talent development and short courses for all ages.Sign up to our Take Part mailing list
If you have any questions, give us a call on 020 7928 2651 or email email@example.com
Front Line Lambeth is supported by ELEVATE, Lambeth’s mission to support diverse talent and open up the creative workplace. ELEVATE is a Lambeth Council initiative made possible through a Cultural Impact Award from the Mayor of London.