Applications for Front Line are now open
Not sure of your next step?
Front Line gives 16–25 year olds the opportunity to discover more about careers in theatre and develop key transferable skills through paid placements with our Front Of House team.
Participants will watch one of our productions, shadow various members of staff and take on important roles welcoming patrons to our theatre.
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Box Office. Welcome customers, prepare tickets for collection and see how tickets are booked
- Join our friendly Usher team and ensure that all customers are looked after during their visit
- Front of House Management. Shadow a Duty Manager and learn what goes into running Front of House on a performance night
- Learn from our team of baristas in our café, serving up Workshop Coffee, unique drinks and a selection of cold sandwiches and snacks.
There will also be a CV workshop to explore the skills you have developed and to reflect on the scheme.
- This course is designed for students or young people looking to explore a career in theatre or hospitality
- We are looking for friendly people who are keen to learn something new
- We particularly welcome applications from anyone not in education, employment or training
- Please note you cannot apply if you have already taken part in Front Line
- We will work with each successful applicant to create a schedule but you must have good availability, for example no holidays booked.
- Induction workshop: Thu 05 Dec, 4 – 6pm
- Watch A Christmas Carol: Thu 05 Dec, 7pm
- Shifts: Fri 06 Dec – Sat 21 Dec
- CV skills & evaluation workshop: Mon 06 Jan, 4 – 6pm
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for Front Line are now open.
- Complete an online application form by clicking here
- Or make a one minute video telling us why you want to join Front Line. Once completed, send your video directly to email@example.com or upload it to YouTube as an unlisted video and email us the link. In your email also include your full name, contact telephone number, date of birth and postcode.
- All participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian
- If you have any questions, or access requirements, give us a call on 020 7960 4102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to watch some tips on applying from previous Front Line participants.
Deadline: Mon 18 Nov, 10am
You can also sign up to the Take Part mailing list to hear more about workshops, skills and employment programmes, talent development and short courses for all ages.Sign up to our Take Part mailing list Download 18-19 Evaluation
Supported by The Holbeck Charitable Trust, The Richard Radcliffe Charitable Trust and The Old Vic Endowment Trust