What is Summer School?
Each year we work with 20 young people aged 16–25 over one week. Selected participants will receive FREE workshops and masterclasses with industry professionals and be supported throughout the week by a professional theatre director as they explore what theatre means to them, and the type of work that they want to make. The week includes:
- Training in a range of theatre skills and practices
- Exploring how it feels to be part of a theatrical company for a week
- Building confidence and exploring a variety of creative pathways in theatre
- A free ticket to an Old Vic production
- A sharing of your work and ideas
- You will also be invited to attend an exclusive post-programme event
Summer School is open to 16–25 year olds who want to develop new skills, gain confidence, build networks and explore what it means to create theatre. We are particularly keen to hear from people who have had limited or no access to arts opportunities in the past and are committed to identifying and resolving barriers which may ordinarily exclude young people from accessing theatre. No experience is necessary and the programme is not open to anyone who has received (or is receiving) formal, degree level (or equivalent) arts training, or has taken part in the programme previously.
This programme is open to young disabled people or young people with additional needs. If you have any questions about the programme or audition process, please get in touch on 020 7960 4102 or email email@example.com
HOW TO TAKE PART: Summer School will return in 2020.Sign up to our Take Part mailing list Download 2017–18 Evaluation
Summer School is supported by a generous donor who wishes to remain anonymous