Audition sign up is now fully booked. Summer School will return in 2020
What is Summer School?
Over one week you will receive FREE theatre workshops with industry professionals that will explore what the future of theatre could look like if you are a part of it. This includes:
- Training in a range of theatre skills and practices
- Exploring how it feels to be part of a theatrical company for a week
- Building confidence and exploring a variety of creative pathways in theatre
- A free ticket to see Noel Coward’s Present Laughter, starring Andrew Scott (Fleabag) directed by Matthew Warchus (Matilda the Musical) on Thursday 25 July
- You will also be invited to attend an exclusive post-programme event
Summer School is open to 16-25 year olds who want to develop new skills, gain confidence, build networks and explore what it means to create theatre. We are particularly keen to hear from people who have had limited or no access to arts opportunities in the past and are committed to identifying and resolving barriers which may ordinarily exclude young people from accessing theatre. No experience is necessary and the programme is not open to anyone who has received (or is receiving) formal, degree level (or equivalent) arts training, or has taken part in the programme previously.
Selection for this year will be made through open auditions held between 9 – 12 June 2019. Auditions will be in the form of a group workshop and you do not need to prepare anything to take part. Please note, auditions take place at The Old Vic Workrooms, 16 Drummond Road, Bermondsey, SE16 4EE, and not at The Old Vic theatre.
This programme is open to young disabled people or young people with additional needs. If you have any questions about the programme or audition process, please get in touch on 020 7960 4102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO TAKE PART: Audition sign up is now fully booked. Summer School will return in 2020.Sign up to our Take Part mailing list Download 2017-18 Evaluation
Summer School is supported by a generous donor who wishes to remain anonymous