WORK EXPERIENCE: THE OLD VIC TAKEOVER
Ever wondered what it’s like to work in London’s leading, independent, not-for-profit theatre?
Twice a year The Old Vic will run a one-week work experience programme for up to 15 participants aged 16–18 years old. Over the course of one week you will:
- Discover how a producing theatre operates
- Meet industry professionals and find out more about careers in the arts
- Develop key employability skills – teamwork, communication, problem solving and public speaking
- Watch a main stage show at The Old Vic
You will take on a series of challenges set by different departments which will give you an insight into how a busy producing theatre operates. At the end of the week you will work together as a team to curate, plan and run your own event, putting to use all the knowledge you have gained over the course of the programme.
This programme is free to take part. You will be provided with a free lunch each day and travel bursaries are provided to all participants to cover the cost of London travel.
There will be two opportunities to take part in this programme in 2020:
- Mon 17 – Fri 21 Feb 2020
- Mon 26 – Fri 30 Oct 2020
- No previous experience of theatre is necessary
- Participants must be aged between 16–18
- We welcome applications from young people not in education, employment or training
- This programme is fully accessible. We will discuss any access requirements you may have before the project begins and will ensure appropriate support is in place
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the week Mon 17 – Fri 21 Feb 2020 are now open. If you would like to apply you can either:Fill out application form
- Or make a one-minute video or sound file telling us why you want to take part. Once completed, send your video directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it to YouTube as an unlisted video and email us the link. In your email also include your full name, contact telephone number, date of birth, borough and postcode
- All applicants must have the consent of a parent or carer
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Friday 17 January 2020 at 12pm
If you have any questions about the programme or the application process, please contact Euan at email@example.com or call 020 7981 0907.
Supported by The Old Vic Impact Fund