WORK EXPERIENCE: THE OLD VIC TAKEOVER
Ever wondered what it’s like to work in London’s leading, independent, not-for-profit theatre?
Every year The Old Vic will run a one-week work experience programme for up to 15 participants aged 16–18 years old. Over the course of one week you will:
- Discover how a producing theatre operates
- Meet industry professionals and find out more about careers in the arts
- Develop key employability skills – teamwork, communication, problem solving and public speaking
- Watch a main stage show at The Old Vic
You will take on a series of challenges set by different departments which will give you an insight into how a busy producing theatre operates. At the end of the week you will work together as a team to curate, plan and run your own event, putting to use all the knowledge you have gained over the course of the programme.
‘I’m going to remember this for the rest of my life’ Participant, The Old Vic Takeover 2020
This programme is free to take part. You will be provided with a free lunch each day and travel bursaries are provided to all participants to cover the cost of London travel.
- No previous experience of theatre is necessary
- Participants must be aged between 16–18
- This programme is fully accessible. We will discuss any access requirements you may have before the project begins and will ensure appropriate support is in place
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for The Old Vic Takeover are currently closed.
Please sign up to the Take Part mailing list to hear more about workshops, skills and employment programmes, talent development and short courses for all ages.
If you have any questions about the programme or the application process, please email email@example.com.Sign up to our Take Part Mailing list
Supported by The Old Vic Impact Fund