If you’re aged 16–21 and want to develop new skills and gain confidence in your ability as a theatre-maker and performer, this short course is for you.
Inspired by the magic, joy and theatrical techniques featured in Wise Children, participants will work with Director Joseph Hancock to re-imagine a classic text. Using the collaborative style and tone of the work of Emma Rice and other theatre-makers on the curriculum, participants will take part in a three-day devising process before presenting a performance for an invited audience of friends and family. Participants will also receive a free ticket to Wise Children.
Joseph is a freelance theatre director from Dudley and winner of a JMK Regional Directors Bursary in 2016. He trained at the Young Vic via the Jerwood Assistant Director programme. Recent work includes: Great British Mysteries: 1599? (Pleasance Courtyard); Re-Imagining Machinal (Almeida Theatre) Donmar on Design, Take The Stage (Donmar Warehouse); Great British Mysteries? (Soho Theatre); Shell and Davey at the Start and the End (VAULT festival); And Yet It Moves (Young Vic). Assistant/Associate credits include: Amedee (Birmingham Rep); If You Kiss Me, Kiss (Young Vic); The Hairy Ape, Rise (The Old Vic); It Felt Like A Kiss (Punchdrunk / Manchester International Festival).
Mon 22 Oct–Wed 24 Oct 2018 (during October half term)
All day: 10am–6pm
The Old Vic Futures provides young, budding creatives with:
- Masterclasses and workshops in theatrical disciplines, including vocal training, physical theatre, text work and devising
- Opportunities to create your own work, with support and guidance from a professional theatre director
- A ticket to see Wise Children directed by Emma Rice
- A presentation performance to an invited audience of friends and family
- This course is designed for students or young people looking to explore a career in theatre
- You do not need any previous acting experience although it helps to have a strong grasp of the English language as we will be analysing texts
Includes all workshops and a ticket to The Old Vic’s production of Wise Children. The fee does not include meals and refreshments, travel or accommodation. All participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian.
HOW TO TAKE PART
- A deposit of £100 will be taken to secure your booking with the remaining balance due within 10 working days
- All participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian
- Please get in touch if you have any questions about access requirements
- Go to book now button below
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please note that once paid, deposits cannot be refunded
- On payment of the remaining balance you agree to attend the course for the duration of the programme.
- Course refunds, excluding the deposit, will only be given up to 14 working days prior to the course start date. Cancellations after that time will not be eligible for a refund
- Failure of course fulfilment may result in cancellation by The Old Vic. In these cases all deposits and course fees will be returned to the original payment method in full
- Participants need to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements
- We expect all participants to adhere to health and safety rules and regulations during the course
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.Book now
Please note: For your comfort and security, you may be subject to additional checks on your visit to London theatres – we appreciate your patience and understanding while these are taking place.