Not sure of your next step?
Front Line gives 16-25 year olds the opportunity to discover more about careers in theatre and develop key transferable skills through paid placements with our Front Of House team.
Participants will watch one of our productions, shadow various members of staff and take on important roles welcoming patrons to our theatre.
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Box Office. Welcome customers, prepare tickets for collection and see how tickets are booked
- Join our friendly Usher team and ensure that all customers are looked after during their visit
- Front of House Management. Shadow a Duty Manager and learn what goes into running Front of House on a performance night
- Penny. Learn from our team of baristas in our café, serving up Workshop Coffee, unique drinks and a selection of cold sandwiches and snacks.
There will also be a CV workshop to explore the skills you have developed and to reflect on the scheme.
- This course is designed for students or young people looking to explore a career in theatre or hospitality
- We are looking for friendly people who are keen to learn something new
- We particularly welcome applications from anyone not in education, employment or training
- Please note you cannot apply if you have already taken part in Front Line
- We will work with each successful applicant to create a schedule but you must have good availability, for example no holidays booked.
We will work with you to schedule you into your shifts, but please note you must have good availability across the below dates, for example no holidays booked.
Induction: Thu 18 Jul, 4 – 6pm
Shifts: Mon 22 Jul – Fri 02 Aug
Evaluation: Tue 06 Aug
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are now open to take part in the programme for Present Laughter.
To apply, please complete a short application form. Alternatively, you can make a short video telling us why you would like to take part in the programme, upload it as an unlisted video on Youtube, and send the link to email@example.com. To hear more about the programme, and how to apply, you can watch this video.
Deadline: 10am, Mon 24 JuneApply now
You can also sign up to the Take Part mailing list to hear more about workshops, skills and employment programmes, talent development and short courses for all ages.
If you have any questions, give us a call on 020 7960 4102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The programme runs several times a year so if you aren’t successful this time around we’ll get in touch when there is another opportunity.Sign up to our Take Part mailing list Download 2017-18 Evaluation
Supported by Lucille Graham Trust, The Richard Radcliffe Charitable Trust and The Old Vic Impact Fund