Not sure of your next step?
Front Line gives 16–25 year olds the opportunity to discover more about careers in theatre and develop key transferable skills through paid placements with our Front of House team.
Participants will watch one of our productions, shadow various members of staff and take on important roles welcoming patrons to our theatre.
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Box Office. Welcome customers, prepare tickets for collection and see how tickets are booked
- Usher. Join our friendly Usher team and ensure that all customers are looked after during their visit
- Front of House Management. Shadow a Duty Manager and learn what goes into running Front of House on a performance night
- Learn from our team of baristas in our café, serving up Workshop Coffee, unique drinks and a selection of cold sandwiches and snacks.
There will also be a CV workshop to explore the skills you have developed and to reflect on the scheme.
- This course is designed for students or young people looking to explore a career in theatre or hospitality
- We are looking for friendly people who are keen to learn something new
- We particularly welcome applications from anyone not in education, employment or training
- Please note you cannot apply if you have already taken part in Front Line
- We will work with each successful applicant to create a schedule but you must have good availability, for example no holidays booked
- Induction workshop: Thu 05 Mar, 4–6pm
- Watch Endgame in a double bill with Rough for Theatre II: Thu 05 Mar, 7:30pm
- Shifts: Fri 06 Mar–Mon 23 Mar
- CV skills & evaluation workshop: Tue 24 Mar, 4pm–6pm
HOW TO APPLYAPPLY NOW
- Or make a one minute video telling us why you want to join Front Line. Once completed, send your video directly to email@example.com or upload it to YouTube as an unlisted video and email us the link. In your email also include your full name, contact telephone number, date of birth and postcode
- All participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian
- We are able to support with participants’ travel expenses to get to and from the theatre
- Please get in touch if you have any questions about access requirements
Applications close on Fri 14 Feb at 10am. If you have any questions, give us a call on 020 7981 0968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also sign up to the Take Part mailing list to hear more about workshops, skills and employment programmes, talent development and short courses for all ages.
Supported by The Holbeck Charitable Trust, The Richard Radcliffe Charitable Trust and The Old Vic Endowment Trust