Not sure of your next step?
Front Line gives 16–25 year olds the opportunity to discover more about careers in theatre and develop key transferable skills through paid placements with our Front of House team.
Participants will watch one of our productions, shadow various members of staff and take on important roles welcoming patrons to our theatre.
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Box Office–welcome customers, prepare tickets for collection and see how tickets are booked
- Bar–become immersed in The Old Vic’s food and beverage operation, assisting behind the bar
- Usher–join our friendly Usher team and ensure that all customers are looked after during their visit
- Front of House Management–shadow a Duty Manager and learn what goes into running Front of House on a performance night
There will also be a CV workshop to explore the skills you have developed and to reflect on the scheme.
A Christmas Carol:
Induction: 29 November, 4 – 6pm
Shifts: 6– 20 December
Evaluation: 4 January, 4 – 6pm
- This course is designed for students or young people looking to explore a career in theatre or hospitality
- We are looking for friendly people who are keen to learn something new
- We particularly welcome applications from anyone not in education, employment or training
- Please note you cannot apply if you have already taken part in Front Line
- We will work with each successful applicant to create a schedule but you must have good availability, for example no holidays booked.
Applications have now closed. The Front Line programme runs several times a year so if you aren’t successful this time around we’ll get in touch when there is another opportunity.
If you have any questions, give us a call on 020 7960 4102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supported by The Richard Radcliffe Charitable Trust and The Old Vic Impact Fund.