Not sure of your next step?
Front Line gives 16-25 year olds the opportunity to discover more about careers in theatre and develop key transferable skills through paid placements with our Front Of House team.
Participants will watch one of our productions, shadow various members of staff and take on important roles welcoming patrons to our theatre.
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Box Office. Welcome customers, prepare tickets for collection and see how tickets are booked
- Join our friendly Usher team and ensure that all customers are looked after during their visit
- Front of House Management. Shadow a Duty Manager and learn what goes into running Front of House on a performance night
There will also be a CV workshop to explore the skills you have developed and to reflect on the scheme.
The American Clock:
Induction: 14 March, 4 – 6pm
Shifts: 18 – 29 March
Evaluation: 1 April, 4 – 6pm
All My Sons:
Induction: 25 April, 4 – 6pm
Shifts: 29 April – 11 May
Evaluation: 14 May, 4 – 6pm
- This course is designed for students or young people looking to explore a career in theatre or hospitality
- We are looking for friendly people who are keen to learn something new
- We particularly welcome applications from anyone not in education, employment or training
- Please note you cannot apply if you have already taken part in Front Line
- We will work with each successful applicant to create a schedule but you must have good availability, for example no holidays booked.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete an online application form by clicking here
- Or make a one minute video telling us why you want to join Front Line. Once completed, send your video directly to firstname.lastname@example.org upload it to YouTube as an unlisted video and email us the link. In your email also include your full name, contact telephone number, date of birth and postcode
- All participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian
- Please get in touch if you have any questions about access requirements
Applications close on Friday 22 February at 10am. If you have any questions, give us a call on 020 7960 4102 or email email@example.com
The programme runs several times a year so if you aren’t successful this time around we’ll get in touch when there is another opportunity.Download 2017-18 Evaluation
Supported by Lucille Graham Trust, The Richard Radcliffe Charitable Trust and The Old Vic Impact Fund