The Girl from the North Country cast recording is here
Conor McPherson’s critically-acclaimed Girl from the North Country has been captivating audiences and critics since it opened here at The Old Vic in July. Simon Hale’s arrangements of Bob Dylan’s classic and lesser-known songs have been hailed as ‘ravishing’ and today we are incredibly excited to join Sony Music Entertainment in announcing the release of the Official London Cast Recording.
Featuring music and lyrics by Bob Dylan, the album was recorded at the iconic Abbey Road Studios and will be available to buy, download and stream on 29 Sep 2017.
‘I’m so delighted the brilliant talent of our cast will be captured at Abbey Road Studios. It’s been an honour working with them on Bob Dylan’s incredible songs. The reaction from audiences every night and the clamour for a recording has been overwhelming and is a true testament to their stunning voices’
Girl from the North Country features songs from every period of Bob Dylan’s catalogue with new musical arrangements by Simon Hale.
- Sign On The Window
- Went To See The Gypsy
- Tight Connection To My Heart
- Slow Train Coming/License To Kill
- Ballad Of A Thin Man (Instrumental)
- I Want You
- Blind Willie McTell (Instrumental)
- Like A Rolling Stone/To Make You Feel My Love
- Like A Rolling Stone (Reprise)/I Want You
- You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere/Jokerman
- Sweetheart Like You/True Love Tends To Forget
- Girl From The North Country
- Hurricane/All Along The Watchtower/Idiot Wind
- Lay Down Your Weary Tune (Instrumental)
- Duquesne Whistle/Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)/Is Your Love In Vain?/License To Kill
- Tight Connection To My Heart (Underscore/Reprise)
- Lay Lady Lay (Instrumental)/Jokerman (Reprise)/Clair De Lune
- Forever Young
- My Back Pages
Full cast for Girl from the North Country featured on the album includes: Sheila Atim (Marianne Laine), Ron Cook (Doctor Walker), Bronagh Gallagher (Mrs Burke), Shirley Henderson (Elizabeth Laine), Ciarán Hinds (Nick Laine), Claudia Jolly (Katherine Draper), Arinzé Kene (Joe Scott), Debbie Kurup (Mrs Neilsen), Kirsty Malpass (Ensemble), Jim Norton (Mr Perry), Tom Peters (Ensemble), Karl Queensborough (Ensemble), Sam Reid (Gene Laine), Michael Shaeffer (Reverend Marlowe), Jack Shalloo (Elias Burke), and Stanley Townsend (Mr Burke).
Musicians include: Alan Berry (piano and harmonium), Charlie Brown (violin and mandolin), Pete Callard (resonator and acoustic guitar) and Don Richardson (bass).
‘This is Dylan like we’ve never heard him before, 20 songs sculpted into plaintive but beautiful new arrangements by Simon Hale. Some numbers are familiar, others less so, but nearly all are delivered so hauntingly well by the 20-strong company that they send shivers down the spine as we hear the lyrics afresh’
Girl from the North Country has a strictly limited run and must close on 7 October 2017. Book your tickets while you can.