Terms and Conditions
Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. You must accept these terms and conditions before you can proceed with your booking.
In these terms and conditions “we” means the Old Vic Services Company Ltd (company number 06753149)
Tickets are sold subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Please check dates and times before completing your booking as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
2. It is your responsibility to bring your ticket with you in order to gain admission.
3. We reserve the right to limit the number of tickets that a single buyer can purchase (a “performance limit”).
4. Tickets cannot be resold or offered for resale
a. at a profit; or
b. through non-authorised ticketing agents (including but not limited to secondary selling sites such as StubHub, eBay and Viagogo)
5. Tickets resold or offered for resale in breach of condition 4 will be cancelled and secondary buyers will not be able to gain entry to the performance. We will assist secondary buyers with any evidence they require to reclaim money from a non-authorised ticketing agent.
6. We may blacklist
a. buyers who repeatedly resell or offer their tickets for resale through non-authorised ticketing agents;
b. buyers who resell or offer for resale tickets that exceed any performance limit.
Exchanges, credit notes, returns and refunds
7. We offer exchanges or credit notes in limited circumstances only. Please contact our Box Office for further details.
8. If you can no longer attend the performance, you may be permitted to offer your ticket for resale through our Box Office subject to an administration fee of £2 per ticket using our returns form. Returns are at our discretion and will be offered for resale only where we reasonably consider that there will be interest in returned tickets. We do not guarantee that returned tickets will be sold. Tickets may be returned up until the beginning of a performance. Please contact our Box Office for further details on how to return your ticket and offer it for resale.
9. Tickets will only be refunded where we cancel or abandon the performance. In the case of abandonment, refunds will be at our discretion taking into account the point at which the performance was abandoned. Any refund will be of the face value of your tickets only – we will not refund booking fees.
10. Latecomers will only be admitted if there is a suitable break.
11. We reserve the right to make changes to running times, performers and such other matters as we consider to be reasonably necessary.
12. We cannot guarantee the appearance of any particular artist, which is always subject to illness, injury and circumstances beyond our control. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not offer refunds if an advertised artist is unable to perform.
13. The use of photographic and recording equipment, or mobile phones (and selfie sticks), are prohibited. Mobile phones and other communication devices must be switched to airplane mode before entering the auditorium.
14. From time to time, we may photograph or film the performance and/or audience members. We will notify you where such photography or filming is taking place. You consent to being photographed or filmed as a member of the audience and consent to the resulting materials being used in commercial distribution, publication and Old Vic communications, without payment or copyright.
15. Any complaints about a ticketholder’s seating or ability to view a production should be made promptly to the theatre staff either before or during the performance.
16. In exceptional circumstances we reserve the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
17. We reserve the right to refuse admission, terminate a visit or restrict access at short notice and without prior warning. In particular, we ask our visitors to treat our staff, our performers and other visitors with respect and kindness. We are a theatre that is inclusive, welcoming and happy. Anyone who does not uphold this culture will be asked to leave.
18. Security checks are in place and will include bag searches.
19. Small bags are admitted into the auditorium or may be left in our cloakroom, subject to availability. Large bags/suitcases are not permitted in the auditorium and cannot be left in the cloakroom.
20. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
21. Children under the age of 3 are not permitted in the auditorium, unless specified in the age guidance.
22. Smoking is prohibited anywhere on site.
23. Dogs will not be admitted (except assistance dogs).
24. Access tickets are only available to our Access Members. We reserve the right to ask for proof of eligibility at the time of admission.
25. You make travel, accommodation and hospitality arrangements relating to the performance at your own risk. If a performance is cancelled or rescheduled our liability in respect of such arrangements is limited to the refund set out in condition 8.
26. We will not be held responsible for any loss, theft or damage of your personal belongings, other than caused as a result of our negligence or other breach of statutory duty.
27. We are a member of the Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers (STAR). If you have a complaint which you are unable to resolve with us, please visit the STAR website for further advice: www.star.org.uk.